In Home Care
VPM In-Home Care is funded by the Department of Education.
What is In-Home Care?
In-Home Care supports families who require childcare services where the children are cared for in the family’s own home. In-Home Care is a flexible care arrangement for children from birth provided by an Approved Carer.
Who can I talk to about In-Home Care?
If you are interested in learning more about In Home Care please contact our office and speak with one of our experienced Consultants. VPM Consultants provide support, referrals, training and monitoring services for Carers, parents and their children.
Am I eligible for In-Home Care?
Families who are eligible include those who do not have access to existing childcare services or where existing childcare services cannot meet their needs, and where the family meets one or more of the following criteria:
IHC Services will be required to provide subsidised care only for:
- children of individuals eligible for CCS
- families that demonstrate that the other types of approved child care are not suitable or available at the times required by the child(ren) AND where one or more of the following criteria apply:
- The parents or carers are working non-standard or variable hours, outside normal child care service hours
- The family is geographically isolated from other types of approved child care, particularly in rural or remote locations
- The family has challenging or complex needs, including where families are experiencing challenging situations, and other approved child care services are not able to meet the needs of the children or the family
Families must also meet the Work, Training, Study Test guidelines.
What is Additional Childcare Subsidy?
This scheme also allows families to access additional Childcare Subsidy funding to assist with the cost of Child Care in the family home during a crisis or an illness of either parent or child. Proof of child at risk must be obtained.
What are the benefits of In-Home Care?
Eligible parents using In-Home Care:
- Are able to access Child Care Subsidy (CCS) to assist with the payment of fees;
- Have the comfort and security of the child’s own home as the place of care;
- May be eligible to apply for ACCS and government assistance.
How To Register
- Contact our office to discuss eligibility and registration by phoning 03 8386 9762 or emailing email@example.com
- Contact the Family Assistance Office to apply for Child Care Subsidy (CALL 13 61 50)